Investing in some good books to boost your marketing skills within your business is a great way to keep up with all the latest trends and new skills that you can benefit from. With the digital age booming, it’s so important now to know the best ways to be successful and have the best marketing strategies.
According to marketer Neil Patel, here are a selection of books he recommends to help give you insight into the best routes and strategies within the marketing sector.
- ‘Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers’ by Seth Godin. In this book, Seth talks about the concept of permission marketing and the importance of building relationships.
- ‘This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See’ by Seth Godin. This book is designed for all marketers at various levels and Seth speaks about his own approach to marketing. He shares tricks, tips, success stories and much more.
- ‘They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer’ by Marcus Sheridan. Marcus speaks about his experiences within the marketing world and offers many perspectives and tips.
- ‘Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant’ by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne. This book explores the idea of success coming from identifying new market spaces that are ready for growth. It also looks at businesses not being in large competition with other competitors.
- ‘The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, and Stand Out From the Crowd’ by Allan Dib. Allan looks at ways to shape your own marketing plan for your small business, rather than going straight in with a big business marketing strategy.
- ‘Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content’ by Ann Hadley. This book explains that every marketer should also be a good, helping you learn strategies for writing in the digital age.
- ‘Digital Marketing for Dummies. 2nd Edition’ by Ryan Deiss and Russ Henneberry. The CEO of ‘Digital Marketer’ writes this book to help share tricks and tips for all levels of digital marketers. It especially looks at engaging and growing your audience online.
- ‘Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade’ by Robert Cialdini. In this book, Robert explores strategies for effective digital messaging and breaking down the steps on preparing audiences for ‘a particular message prior to reception’.
- ‘The Age of Influence: The Power of Influencers to Elevate Your Brand’ by Neal Schaffer. Influencers are more at a forefront now when it comes to advertising brands. This book explores where to find the right influencers and also looking at ways on positioning your brand as the ‘ultimate influencer in your field’.
- ‘Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die’ by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. This is a great tool for any marketer in the business. The authors share traits from all powerful messages and also explore why some ideas have more power than others.